Okay now we know we’ve said this a lot through our blog posts and social posts that we’ve had so many favourite weddings come along, but this is definitely one of those ones where you pinch yourself and think, is this really our job?!
From a Southport beach wedding ceremony, announcing their pregnancy to all their family and friends, to boarding a yacht and dancing the night away on the water with the lights of Surfers Paradise beaming behind us. What else could you really ask for?
We asked Kiona & Jake a few questions about their day:
What was the vibe you were going for?
We were going for a chill fun loving intimate vibe.
We wanted a fun easy ceremony and a fun after party with lots of dancing!
What were your fave details on the day?
We loved the beach setting for the wedding, outdoors, hearing the ocean. We loved the yacht wedding, we had dolphins and rainbows and not to mention both venues needed no shoes!
We loved how chill the whole day was with zero stress.
Tell us all about your incredible DRESS!
The dress! It was an amazing number from The Bridal Company.
I searched and searched but I couldn’t justify spending $4000 on a wedding dress, I found this amazing dress for $800 which ticked all my boxes. You don’t have to spend a fortune on your dress!
Any advice for our other couples?
- Do what you want!
- Do it how you want and have fun!
- Take the pressure off it. We had the best day of our lives, with no stress.
- Don’t spend 1 million dollars on a dress, find a dress and take a few photos to see what it looks like on camera as that is what you will remember forever when looking back at the photos.
- Spend your money on a good photographer and don’t skip on the videographer as this is what you have for the rest of your life to remember your special day.
List of epic vendors
- Gown – The Bridal Company (Ormeau) – The Amarra 87226
- Suit – Tarocash: Jae slim waste coat and pant neutral colour
- Venue – YOT Blue: stunning 80ft yacht with a sun roof that let the moon light in and let us dance the night away
- Stylist – Coastal Events
- Catering – Food from YOT Blue
- Celebrant – Lauren Bridge
- Florist – Rosita Flowers Broadbeach
- Invitation – Canva!
- Cake – Krispy Kream wedding cake
- Rings – Shhh Secrets (environmentally friendly Noosa founded – Lab grown diamonds)